This avocado chicken salad recipe is extremely simple and easy to prepare. Chicken avocado salad is packed with antioxidants and protein, as well as high amount of vitamin B-6 and omega-3.
Studies have shown that eating lot of vegetables and fruits such as avocado, carrots, radishes, apples, onions, and tomatoes can lower the risk of many diseases, especially cancer.
Therefore eating salads contain chicken, vegetables, and fruits can pay off with plenty of health benefits.
Here are the health Benefits of Avocado Chicken Radish Salad
- Avocado is a green, pear shaped fruit packed with healthy fats, fiber, and a lot of amount nutrients. 100g of avocado contains potassium (14%), folate( 20%), vitamin K ( 26%), vitamin C( 17%, and vitamin B6 (13%), as well as vitamin E, vitamin A. iron, phosphorus, and magnesium.
- Potassium is found in avocado that important mineral can support healthy blood pressure levels.
- Avocado is rich with antioxidant such as lutein, and zeaxathin, these nutrients are important for lower your risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Studies have shown that eating avocado can help to reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and Alzheimer’s disease. Plus, avocado is a rich food promoting a healthy skin and hair.
- Radishes are rich source of vitamin C that may help fight disease and cancer.
- Radishes contain folate, fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, as well as riboflavin, and magnesium, which can help all kinds of diseases.
- – Radish is used for stomach disorders, colds, fever, and reduces the mucus of the respiratory tract.
- Radish may help to lose weight, because contain a lot of water, a high in fiber, which they increase regular bowel movements, and thus helps in weight loss.
Wonderful Avocado Chicken and Radish Salad
Yield: 4 persons
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
2 chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
2 avocadoes, thinly sliced
1 cup radish, thinly sliced
1/2 cup carrots, peeled, cut into ribbons
1/2 cup sweet corn
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, mashed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp finely chopped mint
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
2- Arrange chicken and avocado on platter. Spoon one dressing over.
3- Add carrots, onion, corn, and radish over the chicken. Pour the remaining dressing, arrange over chicken and avocado. Sprinkle chopped parsley.
4- Serve Immediately.
Nutrition facts in Avocado Chicken and Radish Salad
Serving size: 1 serving
Total fat 5g
Vitamin B-6 17.5%
Vitamin C 15.3%