Chicken burger is a common and an everyday meal not just in the US but around the world. What makes this chicken burger recipe a great choice is the fact that most of the ingredients can be found in our local market and affordable.Why spend hundreds of dollars on a chicken burger when you can prepare it from the comfort of your kitchen?
- Ground chicken 1/2 kg
- Garlic powder 1 Tbsp
- Onion Powder 1 Tbsp
- Paprika Powder 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper 1 Tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 Tsp
- Salt 1 levelled tsp or to taste
- Bread 1 slice
- One egg
- Corn flour 1-2 tbsp
- Water 2-4 tbsp (optional)
- Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 Tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Egg 1
- Milk 2 Tbsp
- Buns 6 pieces
- Sauce 1 cup
- Lettuce thinly sliced 1 cup
- Tomatoes thinly sliced six pieces
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Cheese 6 slices
- Mayonnaise 4 tbsp
- Mustard 1 Tsp
- Cream 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp (option)
Instructions for Chicken Burger Patties:
To make delicious chicken burger patties follow the detailed instructions below, check out the serving suggestions as well to get an idea of presenting your dishes.
- Put bread slice and egg in a blender and make it into a fine paste. Add water if required in case your bread is not blending properly otherwise don’t make it runny.
- Add ground chicken and rest of the spices in the bowl. Spices to be added to the ground chicken will be garlic powder, garlic powder, paprika powder, red chilli powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well until all spices, and ground chicken is homogenous.
- Add the bread and egg paste in this chicken mixture and when it is well blended add the cornflour according to need.
- Once chicken mixture is done start making flat round patties. It is recommended to lightly grease your palms with oil so that mince chicken won’t stick.
- Pop it in the freezer, so mince chicken is firmed up.
- Prepare the coating mixture. Add flour, salt, and pepper on a flat plate and mix well, so the spices are distributed very well.
- Beat the eggs very well by adding milk.
- First, drench the patty in the flour and excess extra flour from the patty.
- Add in it the egg batter and fully coat it and again drench in the flour to make a proper coating.
- Once the coating is done pop it in the freezer for one hour before frying.
Instructions for Frying/cooking:
- Add oil in a wok or frying pan. You can either deep fry patties, or shallow fry them.
- Heat oil to a suitable temperature. Start adding the patties gradually in the oil.
- Cook each side for four mins and maximum until it is perfectly golden brown.
- Take it out on a tissue paper and let the excess oil dry up.
- Once that is done start assembling the patties.
Instructions for making Sauce for the burger:
- Add cream in a bowl and beat until all lumps are dissolved.
- Gradually add the mayonnaise and beat it until everything is homogenous.
- Add Mustard and mix well.
- If you want to add an extra kick to the sauce, you can add red chilli flakes as it will enhance the flavours.
Instructions for assembling Chicken burger:
- Start toasting your buns with butter. Once it is toasted set aside.
- Apply sauce on both sides of the buns.
- Add patty on the bun and top it with the cheese
- Add lettuce on the top of the cheese and patty.
- Add one slice of toast on the top of the patty.
- Top it with the other pieces of the bun.
You can pair it with different types of side dishes and snacks to make it look more presentable. Some of the suggestions that can be applied are:
- Cheesy fries
- French fries
- Curly fries
- Vegetable salad
You can also pair it up with a different type of cold drinks or fruit juices to enhance your flavour.
- Try it with cola
- Try it with fruit drinks like Pina colada or mojito.
- Lemonade is also a simple option to try out.
This recipe is very easy to try, and it will hardly take 2 hours to make restaurant style chicken burger at home. It will serve six people easily, and for more burgers, you can double the quantity. Serves warm with different side orders to increase the taste and enjoy at your home. Find out some more tasty recipe here!