Sweet Tasty Sour Chicken sauce is a simple mixture of ingredients such as sugar, white vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and water. Historically, sweet-and-sour was very common In Europe but in modern times, the Chinese are the largest practitioners of this cooking type.
Health Benefits of some Ingredients in Sweet Tasty Sour Chicken
1- Scallions: As member of the Allium family of plants. Scallions are aclose relative of chives, leeks, onion and garlic, but it is sweeter, milder flavor than onions and a bit stronger than chives. Scallions are low in calories and rich in calcium, vitamin A and C.
2- Rice Vinegar: Is made from rice or rice wine, is a traditional food in Asian countries and now available in the Untied States. Rice vinegar provides a number of health benefits such as; improve blood sugar control and liver function in diabetics.
In addition to, boosting immunity, and detoxifying.Sweet Tasty Sour Chicken flavors make a combination in this healthier type of a popular Chinese dish.
- 300 g. frozen vegetables
- 300 g. chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp Peanut oil or coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp scallions, minced
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth (low salt)
- 1 Tbsp hot chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- Put frozen vegetables in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan add oil on medium heat.
- Add scallions, and ginger, and stir fry until cooked (for about 3 minutes).
- Add the rice vinegar, brown sugar and chili sauce to the pan.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch with chicken broth, and add to the pan.
- Leave to a boil on high heat. Afterwards, lower heat to a medium heat.
- Add chicken, leave it for 10 minutes.
- Add veggie and mix gently. Add soy sauce.
- Serving with a steamed rice