Freekeh is one of the best valuable food, it is provides protein for growth. There are many people who prefer to eat chicken stuffed in the same time grilled. It is also different methods of chicken stuffed. In addition, some of people who eat chicken cut into small pieces. This recipe chicken stuffed with Freekeh is very delicious and of nutrients.
What is Freekeh?
It is a kind of whole grains that have been known since ancients times, particularly in the Arab countries like Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt, and then developed to spread to many western countries such as the United States because the great benefits and nutritional elements for health.
Freekeh extracted from seeds the hard wheat, which is harvested and is green before maturity, and then roasted and rubbed. Freekah is similar flavor like nuts, an oval shape and a harsh texture.
Freekah can be used in many dishes, is useful and easy to prepare. It is also can be used instead of rice.
Freekah is a complete nutritious meal will provide you for each 100g about:
– 60g of Carbohydrates
– 300g calories
– 2g of fat
– 14g of protein
– 14g of fiber
– 370mg of calcium
– 32mg of zinc
– 30mg of iron
Freekah is the best food for loss your weight, because it is contains a high percentage of fiber and proteins, which it means feeling full for long hours, and reduce the appetite, and thus eating less meals and low calories, which that help to lose weight.
Freekeh for Eye health because contains the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that help prevent age-related macular degeneration. Carotenoids are not only found in vegetables like carrots and egg yolks, but freekeh contains them too.
It is also protecting against the growth of some cancerous tumors because they contain antioxidants and fiber. Find out some more tasty recipes here.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 3 cups freekeh
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 200g minced meat
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Chicken broth or water
- Clean the chicken well.
- Bring freekeh wash, put water and leave it for 20 minutes drenched with water.
- Add butter to a hot pan and put onion and until medium cooked, and then add freekeh, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper and salt.
- Pour chicken broth or hot water over the mixture and let it for 20 minutes.
- Bring the chicken and stuff with the mixture freekeh.
- Add the chicken stuffed in hot water and leave it until cooked.
- Put the chicken in the tray, cook with oil and yogurt, sprinkle black pepper and cinnamon.
- Put in the oven to roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken browned.
- Serve hot.