French cuisine means different things to different people. Even through there are rules about eating and drinking. French Food is meant to be enjoyed and shared with others. The cuisine from each different region in France differs greatly. The Provence region uses olive oils, tomatoes and herbs in many dishes. In general, the food is influenced by butter.
This dish Poulet a la Basquaise is not complex dish because it is one of the simplest and most delicious dishes ever and can be served at lunch with aromatic mixture on onions, peppers, herbs and garlic.
The basic Ingredients in Poulet a la Basquaise Chicken
1- Tomatoes: One of the wonderful things about tomatoes is the wide variety and quantity of nutrients they provide. Tomatoes are excellent amounts of fiber, potassium, vitamin A, K, C and vitamin E. Tomatoes contain a group of phytochemicals called carotenoids, including lycopene and lutein and beta-carotene. These compounds are important to maintain eye health and other eye diseases. It is also good for controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
Note: Is better to cook tomatoes instated of eat them raw, because cooking tomatoes can increase their nutritional value, particularly, antioxidant activity and lycopene compounds.
2- Red chili pepper: A wonderful herb that creates appetite, relives gas, and aids digestion. It is also packed with various vitamins and minerals.
Noted that red chili contains up to seven times the vitamin C level of an orange has a range of health benefits, including aiding digestion, helping to relive migraines and muscle, joint and nerve pain. In addition to chili used to reduce risk of heart attach and stroke. Many studies have found that red chili may also play a role in treating lung and prostate cancer and leukemia. hence French cuisine is one of the tasty and well known recipe. Find out some more recipes here.
- 1 chicken cut into six pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp tomatoes paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for the chicken)
- Place in a large skillet over medium heat, melt two tablespoons butter.
- Add onions, until the onions turn light brown. Add the bell peppers, garlic, chili and tomatoes.
- Cover and leave it over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the chicken until turn browned. Sprinkle dried thyme on top chicken.
- Put the chicken pieces in mixture tomatoes with chicken broth.
- Add black pepper and salt over chicken. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Rice and Green Salad.