Chicken Rice Casserole is a large deep dish used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. The real beauty of Casseroles is how they are to make. You need to do is combine the prepared ingredients in a casserole dish, then cover and put in the oven to cook.
However, you must follow these tips for Chicken Rice Casserole to achieve the perfect results.
- Cut your ingredients, into similar sized pieces to ensure they cook completely.
- Don’t add flour after cooking because the flour will remain rather and thicken the liquid, meat or vegetables. In the best result add flour before cooking.
- A tight- fitting lid on Chicken Rice Casserole ensures doesn’t lose moisture during the long cooking process.
- Choose a casserole by suitable size. If your dish is small, the liquid can overflow. If it is too large, the liquid can reduce too quickly and dry out the food.
The main Ingredients of Chicken Rice Casserole
Celery: Studies shown that, celery demonstrates both antioxidant nutrients and anti-inflammatory activities that help improve blood pressure and cholesterol level.
Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, vitamin B-12, sodium, zinc, iron and flavonoids. It’s also a rich source of phyto-nutrients, which have been shown to reduce heart diseases.
Therefore, eat fresh celery within five to seven days to enjoy its maximum nutritional benefits.
Brown Rice: Rice is commonly known as a staple in Asian countries. Brown rice is better for you than white. The healthy benefits of brown rice are below:
- Rich In selenium which reduce the risk for developing common illnesses such as cancer and heart disease.
- A high source in Manganese for our nervous and reproductive systems.
- Promotes Weight loss it makes digestion that much easier. In addition, it also makes the tummy feel which translates to smaller meal portions.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut halves
- 2 stalks celery, cut into thirds
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Bring to a boil the chicken breasts, celery, pepper and salt. Put enough water to cover leaves it for 35 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup water cool chicken.
- Remove the bones from chickens, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, put chicken, stir together sour cream, chicken broth, celery salt, onion powder, garlic, and pepper.
- Mix in cooked rice and chicken.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish.
- Combine crushed crackers and butter. Sprinkle crackers over the top casserole.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes.