This dish crock pot chicken with cabbage is full of protein and vegetables such as cabbage is good for the brain and an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese.
A slow cooker or Crock Pot is a countertop electrical cooking appliance. Crock Pot to simmer at lower temperature than other cooking technique such as boiling, frying and baking.
But there are tips before use Crock Pot:
1- A crock Pot is gentle heat means that meat will never get a brown color. Therefore, don’t add raw meat but cook a little, then put it in the crock pot.
2- Reduce the liquid quantity because crock pot is great at retaining their moisture, so don’t put too much water or liquid.
3- Remove the skin on meat before cook in crock pot.
- 700g chicken breast without bone and skin
- 1 green cabbage, cut wedges
- 1/2 cup pickling green or black olives
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut wedges
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters or wedges
- 2 cup apple juice (without sugar)
- 1 1/2 chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Put carrots and potatoes in a crock pot.
- Add chicken breast on top and sprinkle chili falkes.
- Add pickling olives (drained), apple juice, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add cabbage cooking another 1 hours or until cabbage become tender.
- Remove chicken, potatoes, and vegetables and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.