Chicken Fajita is one of the most famous Mexican dishes, which has spread in America and throughout the world. There are two types of Fajitas; with chicken and meat. The Fajitas dish is often eaten with Tortilla bread.While restaurant Chicken Fajitas Recipe are loaded with calories, sodium, refined carbohydrates and fat, but you can easily make healthy fajitas at home.
The basic Ingredients in Chicken Fajitas:
1- Coconut Oil: Is great for cooking at a high heat. While olive oil can oxidize when heated but coconut oil is made up of healthy saturated fats it remains stable with high temperatures. Coconut Oil can boost fat
burning and balance blood sugar and improve energy. In addition to raise the good HDL cholesterol in your blood, to reduced heart disease risk.
2- Black beans: Is very high in vitamins, protein, minerals. Black beans the edible seeds of the plant. They also contain antioxidants abilities and omega-3 fatty acid, which is linked a good form of cholesterol.
3- Sprouted grain bread: Is a healthy alternative to white flour bread. Sprouted grain is good not only because it uses the whole grain, but the process sprouted grains go through breaks down the proteins and carbohydrates in the grain. Sprouted grains bread are becoming popular among health conscious people and those with sensitivities to Gluten in white flour.
Nutritional Information – Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
Eat Chicken Fajitas Recipe with the Sprouted grains bread to cut approximately 100 calories and at least 2 grams of fat. Therefore, you can reduce your risk for heart disease.
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced strips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs. dried thyme
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tbs. Black pepper
- 2 tbs. powder garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley or coriander, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- Sprouted grain Tortilla
- In a large bowel, whisk together chicken strips, chili powder, garlic, dried thyme, lemon, orange juice, black pepper and salt.
- Cover the mix and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or more.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil, over medium. Add chicken and cook until golden.
- In another skillet, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and onion sliced, bell peppers and black beans in a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken mix with black beans, parsley chopped and toss to combine.
- Serve Fajitas on Sprouted Bread tortillas.