Baked chicken drumsticks is not only delicious, the various ingredients are a good antioxidants to fight cancer such as the ginger, lemon grass, lemon juice and honey.
The Basic Ingredients of Lemon Baked Chicken Drumsticks
1- Chicken drumsticks: Both dark and light meat chicken can be healthy. While chicken breasts have less fat, dark meat chicken legs ha more minerals. Chicken legs include the drumstick, thigh and back. A whole chicken leg contains 346 calories, including 183from the drumstick. But remove any visible fat from your chicken legs before cooking.
2- Lemon Grass: Is used for treating digestive tract spasms, vomiting, high blood pressure and the common cold. It is also used to kill germs and as a mild astringent.
Lemon Grass with a small bulbous root with a spicy aroma, it is used in many dishes. Lemon Grass is a source of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and B complex. It also provides essential minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron. Which are required for the healthy functioning of the human body.
3- Corn flour: Can be the main ingredient in corn muffins or corn bread, it’s also a variation on the wheat flour in regular recipes. The nutritional values for white and yellow corn flour are similar, and either one can be part of a balanced diet. Corn flour is healthiest when you consume it in moderation along with nutrient-dense foods.
For example, 1/4 cup of corn flour contains: 105 calories, 22.5g carbohydrates, 1g fat, 2g fiber, and 2g protein.
Corn flour benefits such as antioxidant-rich and easy to digest and good for the digestive system.
4- Honey: Is as sticky-sweet way to naturally sweeten and enhance the flavor of food. Cooking with honey gives you a never-ending list of possibilities and recipes due to the many practical functions honey could serve. There are useful on cooking with honey such as adds color, contributes a delightful golden hue to sauces and dressings.
Honey is hygroscopic (meaning it attracts water, so reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe by 1/4 cup for each cup of honey added. Find out some more tasty recipes here.
- 1kg. chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. lemon grass stalk, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degree.
- Put chicken drumsticks (after dry with towel paper) in a food storage bag with the corn flour, thyme, ginger powder, pepper and salt. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- In a baking dish, melt butter with olive oil.
- Coat chicken drumsticks with the butter mixture.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a heat saucepan, mix the lemon juice, honey and soy sauce. Whisk the mixture well.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken drumsticks and return them to the oven again.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes and add lemon grass over it.
- Serve the chicken drumsticks and garnish with slices lemon.