Asparagus Soup is a quick, hot meal that offers plenty of health benefits. You can throw a variety of ingredients into a slow cooker in the morning before you leave for work and return home to a delicious meal in the evening.
The wealth of ingredients in bowl of soup provides a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fats as well as the vitamins and minerals required to create energy.
The main Ingredient are as follow:
Asparagus: The name of asparagus, a member of the lily family comes from the Greek word meaning “shoot” or “sprout”. Now widely cultivated throughout the world, this regal vegetable is believed to have originated 2,000 years ago in the eastern Mediterranean region, where it was prized for its unique texture and alleged medicinal and aphrodisiacal qualities.
Asparagus nutrition is impressive because it contains virtually no fat and remains very low in calories, yet asparagus is packed with vitamins and minerals. In addition to, it contains two grams of protein, only four grams of carbohydrates and zero sodium.
1- Heart health: it is good for your ticker in a variety of ways. it is extremely high in vitamin K, high helps blood clot, and high level of B vitamins, soluble fiber, which lowers the risk of heart disease, and the amino acid asparagine helps flush your body of excess salt. Therefore, asparagus has excellent anti-inflammatory effects and high levels of antioxidants, both of which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
2- Important during pregnancy: its high in folate (vitamin B9), an important nutrient that help reduce the risk of neural tube defects during pregnancy. Asparagus has a number of features that make it a weight-loss friendly food. It’s low in calories, high in water and rich in fiber.
- 5 chicken breast halves, boneless
- 20 spears fresh asparagus trimmed, or if desired
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Bread crumbs
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts and sprinkle pepper and thyme. Baking in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile the chicken is baking, bring saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil, and simmer the asparagus spears until turns to bright green.
- Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- Mix the soup and milk in a bowl.
- Remove the chicken form the baking dish and set aside.
- Line the bottom of the dish with asparagus, arrange the chicken on top. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs.
- Put the chicken in oven and bake until the casserole is hot and bubbling for 25 minutes.