Mushrooms Casserole dish is my favorite meal and full of nutrients such as protein, vitamins and minerals. It is perfect for pregnant women.
The basic Ingredients in Artichoke Chicken and Mushrooms Casserole
1- Artichoke: Is a vegetable belonging to the sunflower family. Artichoke contains 28% of the recommended daily value of fiber, which is important for helping to move through your system. Fiber can also help lower blood sugar, prevent inflammation and protect your heart. Artichoke supply 25% of vitamin C, which to protect cells from damage from free radicals. In addition vitamin C supplies collagen to help wounds heal quickly and protects the body from diseases.
Other benefits in artichokes are rich in folate. Adequate intake in folate before and during pregnancy cuts the risk of birth defects in the newborn.
Artichoke for aid diabetes treatment because artichoke is rich in fiber, which can keep blood sugar levels stable, so is very important for diabetics.
2- Spices : Many studies shown that spices like cinnamon, ginger, garlic, and red chili, host many health benefits. Hot and spicy food might help you in other ways. The heat from the food causes your brain to release feel-good endorphins. Plus, when eat spicy food consume fewer calories. Therefore, if you are looking to lose weight, add spicy food to your diet.
Other benefits in hot spices such as cinnamon may also reduce inflammation, raise your heart rate and help with pain relief.
Note: Moderation is the key for health benefits in spicy food.
3- Mushrooms: The most powerful natural medicines on the plant.
Studies found that consuming Mushrooms Casserole was associated with better diet quality and improved nutrition. Mushrooms is high in vitamin D and beta glucan, are responsible effect on your immune system. Mushrooms may be helpful for rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and stroke damage. hence Mushrooms Casserole was of the well known recipe. Find out some more recipes here.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless cut slices
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, cut
- 1 package frozen artichoke, sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp red chili
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to a hot pan, quickly sauté' onion, chicken, mushrooms and artichoke, for 5-8 minutes.
- Flavor with black pepper, paprika, thyme and chili.
- In a baking dish place the chicken mixture with chicken broth.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the juice run clear.
- Pour sour cream on top of the chicken and return heat for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with dill or coriander.
- Serve with whole grain bread or rice.