Chicken with onions stew is not only delicious, but the ingredients are a good antioxidant to fight cancer such as onions, garlic, tomatoes, as well as chicken.
Onions are type of the alluim family of vegetables. Alluim vegetables have many health benefits including reducing the risk of heart, cancer, and obesity.
Here are health benefits of Onions
– Onions of low calories food (45 calories) and the proportion of sodium in the onion is very low and non fat or cholesterol. Onion is very useful, whether raw or cooked, although the raw onion a rich in sulfur, which has many health benefits.
– Eating onions can help to strengthen the heart. The sulfur in the onions help to reduce high blood pressure, low cholesterol, and helps to prevent the formation of blood clots, thus onions are the ideal food for heart health.
– Onions are strong antiseptic, and can be used to increase blood circulation.
– Detoxification – onions consists of amino acids that are rich in organic sulfur, which contribute to the elimination of toxins in the body and help the liver to get rid of toxins in the blood.
– If you want to get rid of onion breath by eating fresh parsley.
– Onion is rich source in chromium that means helps to regulate blood sugar and sulfur found in onions also help to reduce blood sugar by activating the pancreas to increase insulin production.
– Studies have shown that onions can improve bone density, especially in older women.
Finally, it is interesting to know that onions make you cry while cut onion because, the sulfur- based gas found in the onions. The gas reacts with the water in your eyes and forms the sulfuric acid, which causes the tears and the appropriate solution.
Nutrition from Chicken
Chicken is a great source in the essential nutrient choline (12%) of your daily. Choline found in chicken is necessary for mood, muscle control, and heart disease. Chicken (breast boneless) contain vitamin B6, phosphorus 22%, zinc 5%, and potassium 7%.
Chicken with Onions Stew
Yield: 4 persons
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
1/2 kg chicken breasts, boneless cubed
1/2 kg small onions
3 tomatoes juice
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp butter
1- Peel small onions and let it stand for a while in a bowl with some water.
2- In a pot, put one tablespoon of butter and stir the chicken cubes till browned.
3- Set them aside.
4- In the same pot, fry the onions till it soften but not all the way, set aside.
5- In the same pot, stir garlic then add tomato juice, paste, salt, pepper, and cinnamon stick.
6- Put back the onions and chicken and allow simmering on low heat for 15 minutes.
7- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley or coriander.
Nutrition facts in Chicken with Onions Stew
Serving size: 1 serving
Total fat 4.0g
Vitamin B6 26%
Vitamin B12 5.4%