This delicious dish is best eaten and worth every gram of its weight. Chicken salad with sauerkraut and mangoes is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which it has many healthy benefits.
What is Health Benefits of Chicken Salad with Sauerkraut and Mango?
Sauerkraut is a fermented cabbage and is one of the oldest traditional foods in Japan, Thailand, and China, as well as spread in Europe.
Sauerkraut packed with a lot of health benefits.
Sauerkraut Nutrition Facts
Sauerkraut is a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin K, Iron, sodium, and vitamin B-6, as well as folate, manganese, and potassium.
Benefits of Sauerkraut
- Sauerkraut is a great source of fiber, which can boost digestive health, and weight loss.
- Studies have shown that fermented foods like sauerkraut can help regulate the appetite and reduce sugar and carbohydrates cravings. In addition to, it aids circulation, fights inflammation, decrease cholesterol level, and reduce the risk of cancer. And thus sauerkraut is a healthy food you eat.
- Researches found that the brain and digestive system are connected means that eating probiotic foods like sauerkraut can promotes healthy gut flora and also provide positive effects to the brain, as well as to sharpen your memory.
- Mangoes are rich source of carbohydrates, vitamin C, vitamin A,E and vitamin K, as well as other a plenty minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Mangoes can reduce the risk of cancer. Eating foods are loaded of antioxidants is very important to decrease the risk of cancer. Mangoes also are rich source of antioxidants, which can help reduce your risk of getting cancer such as colon, and breast cancer.
- Treat anemia. Mangoes are great source of iron, which can help cure the people suffering from anemia, as well as mangoes as a cure nausea, constipation, and cold.
- Vitamin A and C found in mangoes, which help produce collegian proteins in the body, so mangoes are a great fruit delay aging.
Healthy Chicken Salad with Sauerkraut and Mango
Yield: 6 Persons
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
3 chicken breasts, grilled, shredded
2 cups sauerkraut
1 cup mangoes, cubed
1/4 cup shallot cut in 1 inch lengths
1/4 cup spring onion cut in 1 inch lengths
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tsp garlic, mashed
1 tbsp juice of lemon
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp chopped red chilies
1- In a nice serving platter add the chicken, sauerkraut, shallot, spring onion and mangoes.
2- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, garlic, white pepper, and juice lemon.
3- Pour the dressing over the chicken.
4- Toss to fully coat.
5- Garnish with red chili.
6- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts in Chicken Salad with Sauerkraut and Mango
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 45%
Vitamin B-12 10.0%