Salad is considered one of the most delicious dishes and it has medicinal benefits. Salad is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, because contain a variety of vegetables such as tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and herbs like mint, or parsley, as well as some of fruits such as apple, pomegranate or pineapple.
Chicken salad with mint and pomegranate is quick and easy to prepare, yet it is full of nutrients.
Why Chicken Salad Mint and Pomegranate is healthy for you?
This recipe is packed with a various ingredients are good antioxidants including:
The Health Benefits of Mint
- Mint is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for eye health and night vision.
- It is a potent source of antioxidants means protect the body from damage of cells caused by free radicals.
- Mint can helps to digest food and burning fat by converting to energy, which is benefit for weight loss.
- Mint contains a good source of potassium, the mineral is necessary for blood pressure and heart, so mint can balances fluid body, and relaxation of blood vessels, which regulates the heartbeat, reduce blood pressure.
- Mint contains an antimicrobial properties, and vitamin B, calcium, potassium, and antioxidant, which can help to strengthen the immune system, and thus prevention from diseases.
The Health Benefits of Pomegranate
- Pomegranate is super healthy fruit loaded with fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K and antioxidants, as well as, carbohydrates, folate, and vitamin B6.
- Pomegranate seeds high in antioxidants that can protect the body against inflammation, and cancer.
- Pomegranate can decrease high cholesterol in the blood, lower high blood pressure, and thus reduces the risk of heart disease.
- According to a recent study, pomegranate may help reduces the hormone cortisol, which cause increased tension and stress, so pomegranate helps to improve mental health, as well as protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
Healthy Chicken Salad with Mint and Pomegranate
Yield: 6 Persons
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Time
3 chicken breasts, cooked cut into cubed (grilled)
Cherry tomatoes (firm), sliced in quarters
4 springs onions, sliced thin (white only)
1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
Lemon juice, to taste
1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Walnuts, chopped coarsely
Salt and pepper
1- Roast eggplant on open flame to char and cook.
2- Peel (as desired) eggplants when cool.
3- Chop by knife in small cubes.
4- Add the chicken, and all chopped vegetables.
5- Add dressing of lemon juice and garlic.
6- Season with salt and pepper.
7- Toss gently.
8– Garnish with pomegranate seeds and walnuts.
9- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately
Nutrition Facts in Healthy Chicken Salad with Mint and Pomegranate
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 65.8%
Vitamin C 28.2%
Vitamin B-6 28.4%