Making change to your diet, adding a salad. Chicken Couscous and Mint Salad is so good for you and the healthiest eating you can adopt.
Here are Health Benefits of Chicken Couscous and Mint Salad
- Couscous is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- It is lower in calories than rice, but a good source in protein and fiber. . One cup of couscous contains approx 180 calories. Therefore, couscous can help weight loss.
- Couscous is an excellent source of selenium. One cup of couscous contains about 60% of the recommended intake. It’s a powerful antioxidant that helps your body repair damage cells and can reduce inflammation. In addition to, the selenium in couscous can boost your immune system, and help also reduce the buildup of plaque and bad cholesterol “LDL” on artery veins.
- As mentioned before couscous contains fiber and protein that help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels, which can reduce the risk of diabetes.
Note: Couscous is considered a high-gluten product, so the people suffer with a gluten allergy moderate intake of couscous.
- Mint is one of the oldest culinary herbs in the world, and has medicinal benefits.
- Mint can help relive indigestion and treat an upset stomach.
- Mint is the one fresh herb can help you deal with headache and migraines. Mint has very strong aroma that can effect fast and remedy headache and also nausea.
Other health benefits of Mint including:
- It is an anti-inflammatory and a repellent hepatitis.
- Mint can stimulate the brain, which is the good herb for strong memory.
- Treatment of colic and diarrhea.
- Dealing with depression, fatigue, anxiety and stress.
- Sniffing fresh mint leaves can help treat from nausea, especially during pregnancy.
- Drink cup of mint leaves is good for relieving intestinal gas.
- Mint helps stimulate fat burning, and also weight loss.
Healthy Chicken Couscous and Mint Salad Recipe
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
2 chicken breasts, cubes
1 cup couscous
2 tomatoes, peeled, diced
2 cucumbers unpeeled diced
1 green onion chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped, small cubes
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1- In a skillet, cook chicken breasts in vegetable oil, add salt and pepper. Set aside.
2- Put amount of water same as couscous in a sauce pan, add some oil. Bring to a boil.
3- Put couscous, stir and cover then turn heat off. Leave covered for 5 minutes.
4– Fluff with a fork.
5- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and parsley.
6- Add mint.
7- Make sauce whisk vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, drizzle olive oil till sauce thickens.
8- Drizzle sauce on salad.
Nutrition Facts in Healthy Chicken Couscous and Mint Salad Recipe
Serving size: 1 serving
Total fat 8.1g
Vitamin C 20.2%
Vitamin A 8.5%
Vitamin B-6 20.4%