Healthy meal means eating a variety of food to feel good and maintain your health.
Vegetables like artichoke, is the opposite of unhealthy food, so it makes you have a healthy body.
Chicken Artichoke with buttermilk is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Why Chicken Artichoke and Buttermilk Good for you?
- Artichoke is a vegetable are rich of antioxidants that help to protect against of the chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Artichoke is excellent source in folate that plays a vital role during pregnancy cuts the risk of birth defects in the newborn.
- Artichoke is good for you because contain vitamin K that builds strong bones. It also contains vitamin C, which is involved in the formation of collagen that essential for bone health. In addition to, vitamin C can help protects the body from disease and boosts immune system.
- High Cholesterol is a main reason with an increased the risk of heart disease. Artichoke can reduce cholesterol levels.
- Artichoke contains a high concentration of cynarin that can contribute to aiding in digestive health.
Note: When prepare the artichoke by breaking off the tough outer leaves. Cut in quarters, remove the chokes, and cut dice the trimmed hearts.
- Other benefits in chicken artichoke recipe are buttermilk. It is a nutritious drink a great source in calcium, protein, as well as minerals and vitamins.
- One cup of buttermilk contains about 2.5g of fat, 100 calories, and 8g of fat. Plus, potassium, vitamin B-12, riboflavin, as well as phosphorus.
- Buttermilk a great source of probiotics that contains active cultures can help build healthy bacteria in the stomach
- Buttermilk can help reduce bad cholesterol and blood pressure. It also good for diarrhea and prevent yeast infections.
Healthy Baked Chicken Artichoke with Buttermilk
Yield: 4 – 6 Persons
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
4 chicken breasts, boneless cut slices
2 carrots, chopped
1 cup small macaroni, cooked
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or cheddar
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp paprika
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2- In a pan over medium heat, add oil and add the onion, chicken, and celery, stir for 10 minutes. Then, add artichoke and carrots until tender.
3- In a pan add buttermilk, and chicken broth, stir, for 5 minutes.
4- In a large bow, add cooked pasta, chicken, spices, and the mixture artichoke, then buttermilk with chicken broth, then 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, stirring until will combine.
5- In a Pyrex pour the chicken artichoke sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 Minutes.
Nutrition Facts in Baked Chicken Artichoke with Buttermilk
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin B-12 16%
Vitamin B-6 60%