There are many different types of Grilled Chicken recipes and numerous ways of categorizing them. Grilled chicken with shallot and mango sauce is complete dish full of flavor, it has many medicinal benefits. The main ingredients in this dish are chicken, shallot, mango, walnuts, and oregano.
Interesting Facts of Shallot
- Shallot is onion, and close relatives such as leek, chives, garlic, and Chinese onion.
- France is a large producer of shallots.
- It has a distinct sweet spicy taste and more delicate.
- Shallot have been used in Asian, Indian, and Mediterranean cooking.
- Shallots are considered the powerful antioxidants, which slow down the growth of cancer.
- Shallots are great in vitamin A is known for improving your eyesight and preventing night blindness.
- Shallot is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
- It is a good source of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B6, calcium, and iron
- Shallots might help fight obesity.
Note: Choose large shallots with shiny reddish purple skin. Peel the skin and wash clean before use.
Interesting Facts of Mangoes
- Mangoes called the king of fruits and the one of the most popular fruits across the world.
- Mangoes were first grown in India over 5,000 years ago, and the largest producer in world.
- There are many varieties of mangoes in countries such as US and UK like Keitt, Kent, Haden, and Ataulfo. In Asian countries such as India include Alphonso, Chaunsa, and Benishaan.
- Mangoes contain over 20 minerals, and different vitamins include potassium, folate, vitamin A, C.
- Mangoes rich in beta-carotene may play a protective role against prostate cancer.
- Mangoes are great for hair and skin, because contain vitamin A, and C for the building and maintenance of collagen.
Some Facts of Oregano
- Oregano contains vitamins A, C, E, iron, potassium, iron, and vitamin B6.
- There are around 35 varieties of oregano that are native to central Asia and Mediterranean countries.
- Hippocrates used it as an antiseptic.
- Oregano can repel insects.
- It can be used for the muscle pain, toothache, heart conditions, acne, and sore throat.
- Oregano called “delight of the mountains” is originated from Greek language.
Grilled Chicken with Shallot and Mango Sauce
Yields: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
4 chicken breasts
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 ripe mangoes
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
6 tomatoes, quartered, seedless, peeled, and chopped into small cubes
2 red chilies, seedless and finely chopped
1 lemon, halved
1tsp dried thyme
Handful arugula, for serve
Few oregano, chopped
Salt and black pepper
1- Put the shallots in cold water and squeeze lemon juice. Leave for 20 minutes, then drain.
2- Put into a grinder-mixer and few with the chilli and walnuts.
3- Tip into a serving bowl and add the tomatoes.
4- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, and thyme.
5- Cut the mangoes into small cubes.
6- Add to the bowl with the oregano and gently mix into the dressing.
7- Season the chicken breasts. Preheat the grill pan and add the oil and butter.
8- Grill the chicken until golden.
9- Garnish with arugula and serve with the Mango sauce.
Nutrition Facts in Grilled Chicken with Shallot and Mango Sauce
Serving Size: 1 serving
Total Fat 3.0g
Vitamin C 48%
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin B-6 18.9%