Chicken drumsticks with green beans are not only delicious dish, but the various ingredients are a good antioxidant to help fight disease.
Here are Health Benefits of Chicken Drumsticks with Beans
1- Green Beans
Green bean is belonging in the beans and legumes food group. One cup green beans, cooked contain 44 calories, fiber 14%, and vitamin K 22%, as well as vitamin C 16%, and manganese 16%.
In addition to green beans contains a good amount if iron, calcium, and folate.
Green beans provide the body a great health benefits including:
– A good source of iron, which is essential to transport oxygen from the lungs to cells throughout the body, and thus green beans is the great food if you have anemia.
– Boosts Heart health. Green beans is high source of calcium, antioxidants such as flavonoids. Studies have shown that the high amount of flavonoids have immense anti-inflammatory properties, which maintain and prevent blot clots in the arteries.
– Boost Immune system. Green beans contain vitamin c that can help against cold, flu, and allergies.
– Strong nails, and hair. Green beans are packed with absorbed type of silicon that are important for the formation of healthy connective tissues, which boosting skin health and strengthen your nails.
– Regulate Diabetes. Green beans like other legumes can help manage and control diabetes. Therefore, is the great news consuming green beans can control or early prevention of diabetes.
2- Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken Drumsticks are a great source of protein, essential amino acids, as well as vitamins and minerals. In general chicken contain an excellent concentration of vitamins B such as riboflavin, niacin, and thiamin.
Chicken contains also calcium, and phosphorus, which can helpful for bone health. In addition to, chicken contain selenium that can prevent the risk of arthritic.
The health benefits of chicken also can increase sexual desire in men. But remove the skin.
Great Chicken Drumsticks with Green beans Casserole Recipe
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
8 small chicken drumsticks
3 cups green beans
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cups colors bell peppers, cubed
2 cups tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp tomatoes paste
1/4 cup stalks celery, sliced thin
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic, mashed
1 cup small macaroni, uncooked
Salt and pepper
1- In a deep pan, melt butter and sauté onion and garlic.
2- Add the chicken drumsticks, pepper and salt. Let for 10 minutes.
3- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, combine well.
4- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken drumsticks are tender.
Nutrition Facts in Chicken Drumsticks with Green beans Casserole
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin C 20.5%
Vitamin B-6 28%