This is a great delicious and easy chicken artichoke orzo dish, with peas and cheese. The dish is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Chicken Artichoke Orzo with Peas
Artichokes are packed with a number of vital antioxidants and phytonutrients, which it considered in the top 10 antioxidant food.
Benefits of Artichoke
- Reduce cholesterol. Some studies have shown that eating artichoke can helps to reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood, as it increases the rate of metabolism, which helps to decrease the level of triglyceride and burn fat.
- Antioxidant powerful help prevent cancer. Artichokes an excellent source of antioxidants, which can absorb and eliminate free radicals, and thus may help prevent cancer.
- Helps to improve digestion. Artichoke contains fiber and antioxidants that helps to detox the liver and digestive system, as well as reduces the symptoms of constipation and diarrhea.
- Great for Pregnant. It is a good choice to add artichoke to the diet if you pregnant, it protects from birth defects, and can be used in many ways. Artichoke is low calories, sugar, fat and sodium, but rich in fiber, so it is helpful for pregnant mother and child. In addition to, artichoke contains folic acid, choline these important nutrients also for pregnant woman and the health overall.
Other Benefits of Artichoke
- Great source of fiber that helps weight loss.
- Excellent food for maintain heart health.
- Helps stimulate the brain.
Green peas are vegetable low in calories, but packed with vitamins and minerals. A half cup of peas provides about: 4 g of protein, 62 calories, vitamin A 34%, 14% of vitamin C, 24%vitamin K, 12% of folate, and 10% manganese.
Benefits of Peas
- Protect against stomach cancer. Green peas contain a dietary supplement is important for protect the stomach from cancer.
- Enhance the Immune system. Peas are rich in flavonoids, alpha-carotene and beta-carotene, all known for their antioxidants properties, which enhance the body’s immunity.
- Helps protect against Alzheimer’s disease. Green peas are great in vitamin C, E, omega-3 and zinc, as well as rich in anti-inflammatory agents, which can help protect Alzheimer’s disease.
Great Chicken Artichoke Orzo with Peas Recipe
Yield: 6 persons
Preparation Time: 20
Minutes Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
300g chicken breasts cut into small cubes
1 can artichoke hearts, cut into small pieces
1 packet orzo pasta
1 cup of frozen peas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, mashed
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 cup free sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2- Sauté the chicken and onion in olive oil with butter for 10 minutes; add garlic and cook more for 5 minutes.
3- Add artichoke, peas, oregano, and Black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cottage cheese.
4- Bring a pot in salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente, drain. 5- Combine the chicken mixture with artichoke and orzo.
6- Toss the cheese mixture over the chicken.’ Sprinkle parmesan cheese over.
7- Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Facts with Chicken Artichoke Orzo with Peas
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin C 80.2%
Vitamin A 260%
Vitamin B-6 17.1%