Chicken mangoes skewers one of the best dishes, is not only delicious, but loaded with vitamins and minerals. Skewers are thin metal or wood stick used to hold pieces of food, in general serving with the various ingredients such as chicken cubes or meat, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers and some of fruits like mangoes, or avocado and pineapple.
Chicken Mango with red onions is a popular dish on the family table.
Health Benefits of Mangoes
- Mangoes is fruit very delicious and complete nutritious. One cup of mangoes contains about:
– Great amount of vitamin C (76%)
– Vitamin A 28%
– Vitamin B-6 11%
– Fiber 9%
– Potassium 8%
- Mangoes can reduce the risk of cancer. It a great source with antioxidants, which protect the body against types of cancers such as colon cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Mangoes contain vitamin C, pectin, and fiber that ideal fruit for control high cholesterol levels.
- Mangoes are perfect fruit for glowing skin. It contains vitamin C, and vitamin A, both is very important can help for clear the skin internally and externally too.
Health Benefits of Red Onion
- Red onions contain a lot of antioxidants, which is considered the super healthy food.
- Red onions are excellent source in vitamin C, flavonoids and phytochemicals. Studies have shown that flavonoids is responsible for the purple colors in many fruits and vegetables, which can help decrease the risk of cancer, heart disease, and Parkinson’s disease.
Other benefits of onions are used to prevent tooth decay and oral infections. Chew raw onions for 2 minutes can kill all the germs found in the mouth.
Delicious Chicken Mango with Red Onions Skewers Recipe
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
4 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch
1/2 cup red bell, seedless, cut into large cube
1 cup mango, cut into large cubed
1/ cup red onion, cubed
1/4 cup red wine or beer
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp garlic, mashed
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ginger root
1/4 cup basil or mint, finely chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried chili flakes
1- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients.
2- Pour marinade over the chicken, mangoes, red bell pepper, and red onion. Let if for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
3- Bring skewers put the chicken, mangoes, bell peppers and red onion alternative in between.
4- Brush with olive oil and place on the grill over a medium heat for 20 minutes until browned.
5- Serve immediately with yogurt sauce
Nutrition facts in Delicious Chicken Mango with Red Onions Skewers Recipe
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin C 16.5%
Vitamin B6 13%