chicken pot pie is a savoury blend of chicken, potatoes and veggies, smothered in a creamy gravy all baked into a crispy crust. Chicken pot pies can be made of two kinds; the meaty one and one of vegetables.hence it is one the delicous recipe among all the recipes
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
The recipe below makes two pot pies. You, therefore, can make a meat pot pie and a veggie pot pie. You can also make two and freeze one which can be eaten later.
4 cups cooked chicken meat, cubed and shredded
3 cups chicken broth (for the veggie type use vegetable broth)
4 tbsp. butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
One package refrigerated pie pastries
Two medium potatoes, peeled and cut
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
One medium onion
Three medium carrots, cut into pieces
One rib of celery
½ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. parsley, minced
¼ tsp. pepper
- Add onions, celery, carrot, potatoes, butter and garlic in a pot. Saute and then stir into a blend.
- Add broth gradually and boil. Stir and cook until thickened. Stir in parsley, ½ cup cream, pepper, garlic salt and peas. Stir in the chicken.
- Spoon into two ungreased 9 in pie plates. Whisk the egg and 1 tbsp. Cream then set aside.
- Roll out the pastry so that it fits on top of the pies. Place over filling. Then trim, seal and flute the edges. Cut slips in the pastry to vent. With the egg mixture, brush the top of the pastry.
- Bake at 375° Fahrenheit for 40-45 mins. Let the food rest for 30 mins before cutting into it.
The frozen pot pie, when wanted to be eaten, is baked at 375° F for 40-45 minutes.
- Chicken Pot Pie II
This chicken recipe is made from scratch with peas, carrots and celery. You should try it.
1-pound boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup green peas, frozen
⅓ cup butter
½ cup celery, sliced
1 cup carrots, sliced
⅓ cup chopped onions
1¾ cups chicken broth
⅔ cup milk
2 9″ unbaked pie crusts
¼ tsp. celery seed
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Combine chicken, peas, carrots and celery in a saucepan. Add water to cover then boil for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Drain the water and set aside.
- Cook onions in butter until soft and translucent over medium-high heat. Stir in flour, celery seed salt and black pepper. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until it thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust and pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with the top crust, seal the edges and cut away any excess dough. Make steam-escaping slits on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins until the pastry turns golden brown. Let the food cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
If the recipes above are hard for you, there is something way easier and simple here. This recipe takes less than 40 minutes to prepare and makes six servings.
1 cup cooked chicken, cut
One can condense cream of chicken soup
1⅔ cups frozen milk vegetables
½ cup milk
1 cup Original Bisquick mix
- Heat the oven to 400° F. Mix the chicken, vegetable and soup in a glass pie plate.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into the pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy your meal.