Nothing comes close to feasting on a bowl of Chicken noodle soup on a cold winter night. Apart from the ingredients being easily accessible, Chicken noodle soup can be prepared in no time. One fact associated with the most preparation of this food is the fact that it contains ginger which is medically beneficial to the body during cold.
There are several ingredients needed for the preparation of a homemade chicken noodle soup. Most of the ingredients are some of our everyday ingredients, and they include;
INGREDIENTS (FIRST METHOD)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Two carrots, sliced
- Two celery stalks, sliced
- One small onion, chopped
- Five garlic cloves, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Eight c. chicken stock
- 2 1/2 lb. bone-in, skinless chicken breast and thighs
- 2 1/2 c. uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
INGREDIENTS (SECOND METHOD)
- One celery heart
- 200 g small carrots
- 100 g baby leeks
- Two cloves of garlic
- 200 g small onions
- 5 cm piece of ginger
- 1 x 1.4 kg whole free-range chicken
- 2-3 fresh bay leaves
- One handful of fresh parsley stalks
- dry sherry
- One pinch of saffron
- sweet ginger vinegar, optional
- 300 g mixed fine pasta shapes
You can take advantage of any of the above methods depending on the availability of the ingredients in your region. Our chicken noodle soup recipe can be prepared in few minutes. This makes it a top choice midweek meal. You can add a bit of seasonal vegetable and enhance the stock with slightly more luxurious ingredients, such as saffron or sweet ginger vinegar. This tasty chicken noodle soup can be prepared with 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on individual speed or ability. In preparing your Chicken noodle soup, please follow the procedure step by step and do purchase all the ingredients on any of the ingredient lists.
METHOD OF PREPARATION (BASED ON INGREDIENT LIST ONE)
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally stirring, until softened and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add wine and cook until syrupy, 1 minute. Add chicken stock and chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken; shred thighs with two forks and chop breasts into large bite-size pieces. Return meat to pot; discard bones.
- Add noodles to soup and cook, often stirring until tender and cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, dill, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
METHOD OF PREPARATION (BASED ON INGREDIENT LIST TWO)
- Roughly cut into pieces the celery heart. After doing the cutting, peel and trim the carrots and trim the leeks. Peel the garlic, onions and ginger before combing them in a deep bowl.
- After rising it properly, place into a very large saucepan with the chicken, bay leaves and parsley stalks. Garnish well with sea salt and black pepper and add enough water above the chicken level. It is advisable that the water should be about 3 litres.
- Allow it to boil, then turn down the heat while allowing it to simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove everything from the pan but keep the stock. Do away the herbs and ginger and once it’s cool enough to touch, begin to shred the chicken.
- Bring the stock back to the boil and add a good splash of sherry, the saffron and a splash of ginger vinegar although optional. By the using the saffron and splash of ginger vinegar, you are adding flavour to the chicken noodle soup.
- Add the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is al dente.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan and simmer over low heat until they are thorough cooked/warmed.
Chicken Noodle Soup is fast becoming a go-to meal during winter periods and it quite popular in America, Asia, and Europe. Lots of restaurants are beginning to offer a specialised version of Chicken Noodle soup for certain amount. Instead of paying for such why don’t you take advantage of our recipes and get yours done one time. You can blend your meal with a bottle of wine or lemon juice.