It is one of the most delicious dishes. Uses minced chicken, zucchini, yogurt sauce, and nuts. It is perfect dish can provides protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which it has many health beneficial.
The health benefits Chicken stuffed Zucchini in Yogurt sauce
Zucchini is the delicious vegetables, which is consumed as a basic meal or a side dish. Zucchini is rich in nutrients; one cup of zucchini contains 15 calories, 4g pf carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, and potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, and phosphorus.
Benefits of Zucchini
- Zucchini is very low in calories, a great source of water, and rich in fiber, and thus promote the health of digestion system, as well as helps weight loss.
- Zucchini also has anti-inflammatory properties, which works as a natural remedy for some of disease such as asthma, and rheumatoid, as well as can helps prevent colon cancer.
- Zucchini can promote heart health, and lowers high cholesterol levels.
Yogurt is an important source of phosphorous, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, as well as vitamin A, and B, particularly vitamin B6 and B12. Yogurt is an excellent source of protein, and low amount of carbohydrates and fats.
Benefits of Yogurt
- Yogurt is a great source of probiotics, beneficial bacteria that are naturally enhanced for digestion. The balance of good bacteria may diminish when taking antibiotics and causing any side effects such as diarrhea, bloating and gas.
- Yogurt contain calcium, thus can help prevent from osteoporosis. Dairy products and yogurt are one of the best sources of calcium, which plays a role in promoting bone and dental health.
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure.
Best Chicken Stuffed Zucchini in Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
12 small zucchini, washed and cored
300g chicken breasts, minced
Vegetable oil and butter to sauté
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted or fried
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
Salt and pepper
6 cups yogurt
4 tbsp cornstarch, diluted in 1/4 c. water
6 cloves pf thinly sliced garlic
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped or fresh mint
1- First make the filling for the zucchini.
2- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and sauté the onion until soft.
3- Add the chicken minced sauté until golden brown.
4- Add the spices and pine nuts and taste to adjust the seasoning. Set aside to cool.
5- Cup the zucchini in the palm of your hand. Insert carefully the cover through the center of the zucchini being careful not to pierce it all the way through. Twist the cover apply slight pressure to take out the inside flesh. Using the corer gingerly scrape the inside progressively making the hole bigger and taking out more of the flesh. Keep scraping and trimming the zucchini in the other hand. You should end up with a hollow zucchini but not too thin. After a few times you’ll get the hang of it.
6- Now you are ready to stuff the zucchini with the chicken mixture. The best use your hand to fill them.
7- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 tbsp butter.
8- Place 6 of the filled zucchini and lightly sauté until golden on all sides. This will help them stay together in the yogurt sauce. Remove and drain on absorbent paper towels. Sauté the remaining 6.
9- In a large Dutch oven put in the yogurt and bring the heat up to medium.
10- Using a whisk gently stir the yogurt continuously in one direction. This is the most important part to make this sauce. Don’t leave it or it will curdle.
11- Just as the yogurt begins to get warm and before it boils, stir in the cornstarch / water paste. Continue stirring. This will stabilize the yogurt and help it thicken to a creamy consistency.
12- Place the zucchini in the stabilized yogurt sauce to finish cooking until tender.
13- In a small skillet heat 1 tsp of butter and sauté the sliced garlic for 1 minute until the sweet smell perfumes the air. Quickly add the chopped cilantro (or mint). Stir for 1 minute more and pour on top of the yogurt sauce. Let everything bubble 10 minutes more to intensify the flavor.
14- Serve hot beside vermicelli plain or Basmati rice.
Nutrition Facts with Chicken Stuffed Zucchini in Yogurt Sauce
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 29.5%
Vitamin C 10.8%
Vitamin B-6 69.4%