Chicken Pie Spinach and Ricotta cheese is not delicious dish, but the various ingredients are offer many health.
This dish packed with protein such as the chicken and ricotta, vitamins and minerals like spinach.
Here are health benefits of Chicken Pie Spinach with Ricotta
- This leafy green vegetable is rich in water-soluble vitamins, minerals, and an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid, which can lower glucose levels, and increase insulin sensitivity in patients with diabetes.
- One cup spinach contains calories 41, vitamin K 987%,vitamin A 105%, manganese 73%, and folate 66%. In addition to, spinach contains magnesium 37%, iron 36%, and vitamin B6 26%.
- Studies have shown that spinach can help maintain vigorous brain function, and memory.
- Spinach is excellent source in vitamin K. low intakes of vitamin K have been associated with a higher risk of bone fracture, as well as consumption vitamin K is improves calcium absorption, and reduce the amount of calcium that leaves the body in urine.
- All leafy green high in vitamin C for building and maintenance of collegian, so spinach is too great for health your skin and also hair.
- Spinach contains folate and magnesium. Folate is good for maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system, while magnesium helps lower high blood pressure levels.
2- Ricotta cheese
- Ricotta cheese contains 14g of protein (one half cup), which can help to build muscle.
- Ricotta cheese contain also 250mg of calcium that mineral is important for strong bones.
- It is a great source of phosphorus, zinc, and selenium. In addition to, ricotta cheese is a good source of vitamin A, and vitamin B-12.
- Ricotta cheese has (per half cup) about 140mg omega-3 fatty acids, and also 335mg of omega6 fatty acids, means that helping to prevent heart disease and types of cancer.
Best Chicken Pie Spinach and Ricotta
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
2 chicken breast, minced
1 kg of spinach leaves
1green onion, sliced
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 kg of ricotta cheese (white or feta cheese can be used, too)
1 egg, beaten
1 pack of good quality puff pastry
1 tsp thyme, dried
Salt and pepper
1- In a pot, heat oil, add the chicken minced. Season with thyme, salt and pepper for 5 minutes. Set aside
2- In a pot place all the spinach leaves and the sliced green onion (including the green stem), and over medium fire toss a few times until the spinach leaves are all wilted ( they will all shrink to less than of 1/4 of the initial volume). Let is cool a little so that it becomes warm, not hot.
3- Add the ricotta cheese, chicken minced, the beaten egg, salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg. Work them well until a homogeneous consistency is reached.
4- In a non-stick pan (about 40cm diameter) lay a layer of puffy pastry.
5- Pour your filling and spread it evenly and cover with another layer of puff pastry.
6- Brush the top with some milk or a beaten egg white.
7- Place on the middle rack of a pre-heated to 200 degrees oven for approx 30 minutes.
8- Serve and garnish with fresh spinach, chopped over.
Nutrition Facts in Chicken Pie Spinach with Ricotta
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 174.4%
Vitamin C 26.8%