Potatoes are not only the main staple in some of the countries; it is considered into many useful foods. Chicken potatoes with fresh dill this is my favorite dish and rich in nutrients and very delicious.
Health Benefits of Chicken Mashed Potatoes with Dill
- Potato is an excellent source low calorie, high fiber food, which offers significant protection against cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Potatoes contain iron, phosphorus, calcium, zinc, and magnesium, which can help the body to build and maintain bone structure and strength.
- Potatoes contain a good source of potassium, which works to lower blood pressure.
- The potato’s fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, as well as potassium, all that can help lower the high cholesterol in the blood, and thus reducing the risk of the heart disease.
- Folic acid, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants all that found in potatoes, which help prevent cancer, especially colon cancer.
- Benefits of potatoes also for the nervous system, because contain vitamin B and some fatty acids such as omega3 and some important nutrients that help to improve the functions of the brain and nerve cells, and helps to reduce stress, and depression.
Other benefits of potatoes
- Easy to digest
- Help regulate insulin in the body.
- Cure diarrhea
- Helps treat kidney stones
Dill is good source of calcium, iron, manganese and flavonoids , which it has amazing health benefits.
The nutritional value of Dill including:
- Rich in organic compounds such as ethofurans, carvoons, and camphiriol.
- Dill is rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, C, iron, folic acid, and manganese.
Some of health benefits of Dill
- Prevents insomnia.
- Increases urination to help detoxify, excess salt, and water from the body.
- Boosts immunity
- Enhances digestion
Best Chicken Mashed Potatoes with Dill Recipe
Yield: 6 Persons
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
4 chicken breasts, boiled, cut small cubes
3 tbsp butter or ghee
2 garlic, mashed
1/2 cup fresh dill
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Gouda cheese or Parmesan
1/2 tsp red chili (optimal)
Salt and pepper
1- Boil the potatoes and add 1 tbsp salt. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
2- Peel when potatoes cool.
3- In a bowl add potatoes and mash.
4- In a saucepan, milt butter, add garlic, and chicken.
5- Add milk, salt, pepper, red chili, and mashed potatoes.
6- Mash together until smooth poor over the chicken with garlic. Mix well.
7- Stir in dill, cheese, and sour cream.
8- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts with Chicken Mashed Potatoes with Dill Recipe
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin B-6 56.1%
Vitamin C 80.0%