Eating healthy food means that eating a variety of vegetables and fruits to maintain your health. Chicken green beans and Brussels sprouts is a healthy and delicious dish.
Here are Health Benefits of Chicken Beans with Brussels sprouts
- Green beans are a great source of vitamins such as C, K, and A, as well as folic acid and fiber. One cup of beans contains approx 18mg magnesium, 23 mcg of vitamin A, 130mg of potassium, 52.5 mcg of vitamin K, and 30 mcg of folate.
- Green beans contain a low amount of calories and unsaturated fats. As mentioned above beans are high in vitamins and minerals, so it is suitable for diabetics and who want to lose weight.
- Beans are very suitable in summer, because it is rich in water.
- Green beans are excellent source of vitamin K that improves bone health, which can reduce the risk of bone fracture.
- Beans are good source of fiber that regulates digestion, which help weight loss.
- An antioxidants source of zeaxanthin that can maintain eye integrity and help of eye aging diseases.
- Green beans are a good source of folic acid, which is important element in the formation of DNA cells. It is one of the most important nutrients recommended for pregnant women.
2- Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels sprouts are low in calories but high of fiber, vitamins, minerals.
- One cup of Brussels sprouts contains about 137% of vitamin K, 81% of vitamin C, 12% of folate, and 12% of vitamin A. Plus, Brussels sprouts contain a low amounts of iron, magnesium, vitamin B-6 and potassium.
- Brussels sprouts are particularly excellent source in vitamin K that is necessary for blood clotting and bone health.
- Brussels sprouts contain kaempherol that an antioxidant can reduce cancer growth and decrease inflammation.
- Brussels sprouts can produce enzymes to detoxify the body, so eating Brussels sprouts is the good choice to get rid toxin in the cells.
- Brussels sprouts are high of protein when adding to other vegetables like green beans.
- Brussels sprouts can to lower glucose levels, and increase insulin sensitivity. Therefore, Brussels sprouts is ideal food in patients with diabetes.
Best Chicken Beans with Brussels sprouts Stir-fry Recipe
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2 cups of Brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup green beans
1 tbsp white soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 scallions, chopped
2 garlic, sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
1 tsp dried chili
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
4tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1- In a bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, 1/2 cup of water. Set aside.
2- Heat two tablespoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add beans, Brussels sprouts and cook for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
4– In the same pan over medium-high heat add one tablespoon, the chicken cook until browned. Add to Brussels and beans.
5- Heat the rest of oil in same pan, add scallion, garlic, and ginger and stir until fragrant. Add yellow bell pepper and dried chili and cook for 3 minutes.
6– Pour Brussels sprouts, beans and the chicken over the mixture chili and add reserved sauce.
7- Cook, until is thickened for 2 minutes.
8- Serve with Basmati rice.
Nutrition Facts Chicken Beans with Brussels sprouts Stir-fry
Serving size: 1 serving
Total fats 8.0g
Vitamin A 41.10%
Vitamin C 163.0%