A dish that is easy and quick to cook. Chicken Basmati Rice with Carrots has many medicinal benefits. The chicken and carrots helps to improve digestion, weight loss and antioxidants.
Here are Health Benefits of Chicken Rice with Carrots
– Carrots have a number of health benefits such as low cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of cancer, improved eye health, and low high blood pressure. Carrots contain vitamin A, which help to strengthen and improve vision, and works to protect the eye from cataract.
– Carrots can to prevent cancer, because the carotene antioxidants in carrots increase the immunity of the body and works to prevent some cancers such as colon cancer, and prostate.
– Carrots contain about 10% carbohydrates, consisting of starch, fiber, and simple sugar, which can help weight loss.
– Carrots contain a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6. One carrot has 65mg omega 6 and 1mg omega 3 fatty acids.
– As mentioned before carrots are a great source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), vitamins B, vitamin K, and potassium.
2- Basmati rice
– Basmati rice is one of the most foods with high amounts of vitamin B complex, means that healthy food.
– Basmati rice can prevent the formation of plaque on the arteries, which reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition to basmati rice contain a small amount of fat, but provides a high amounts of energy that necessary for the growth muscles and without gain weight.
– Basmati rice contains selenium, which strengthen the immunity and protect from infection of various diseases and viruses. In addition to magnesium in basmati rice, which reduce a muscle cramping and high blood pressure.
– It is contain also calcium, copper, zinc, and potassium.
Chicken Basmati Rice with Carrots Recipe
Yield: 4 persons
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
2 chicken breasts, boneless cubed
One onion cut into small pieces
2 carrots cut into small pieces
1 cup of frozen peas
Half of each color of bell peppers
2 cups basmati rice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp of biryani spices
Oil and butter for sautéing
1- Place onion, garlic and cubed chicken in a pot and fry in oil and butter.
2- Add a bit of hot water and allow to simmer on medium heat till chicken starts to soften.
3- Add carrots, peas first, stir then add peppers, basmati rice and stir all together.
4- Season with salt, pepper, and biryani spices.
5- Add hot water and allow to simmer.
6- Add to the pot, stir and cover.
7- Allow to cook together on low heat.
7- Serve immediately and garnish with raisins.
Nutrition Facts in Chicken Basmati Rice with Carrots
Serving size; 1 serving
Total fat 8.0g
Vitamin A 300%
Vitamin B12 10%
Vitamin B6 70%