Chicken Béchamel with eggplants are a favorite food for both children and adults alike. There is an abundant of ingredients and dairy food used to create delicious dish.
This dish loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Baked Chicken Béchamel with Eggplants
- Eggplants or aubergines belong to the nightshade family of vegetables like tomatoes, and bell peppers. Eggplant is a rich source of fiber, vitamins such as vitamin C, K, and vitamin B-6, as well as minerals like potassium, iron, and phosphorus. In addition to, eggplant are great source of thiamine, magnesium, copper, and niacin.
- Eggplant can reduce cholesterol. Studies have shown that eating eggplants can help to decrease cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Promote cardiovascular health. Eggplant contains dietary fiber, a great source of antioxidants, potassium, and vitamin B6, which means play an important role in:
– Maintain blood pressure
– Promote the work of the heart and arteries
– Manage blood sugar levels
- Help reduce weight. Eggplants contain fiber that can lower appetite, and thus reduce the amount of calories during the day, as well as eggplant promoting digestive health. Low-calories, low-fat in eggplants that an important reasons for lower your weight.
- Reduce the risk of cancer. Studies have found that eggplant contains polyphenols, anthoocyanins, and chorlgenic acid, these powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
2- Dairy Foods
- Béchamel or white sauce contains milk, cheese, and butter, as well as flour. We know dairy products contain irons, calcium, phosphorus, protein, and vitamin D, which can help maintain bones and provides energy, as well as improving skin complexion and regularity.
- Dairy foods needed for growth and development, as well as repair to damaged body tissues.
- Milk found in béchamel that for marinating muscles, brain, and other parts of the body.
Best Baked Chicken Béchamel with Eggplants
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
300g chicken breast, boneless, cubed
2 cups eggplants cut into small cubed
1 package farfalle pasta
1 onion, diced
1 cup bell peppers colors (yellow, red, green), diced
1 cup paste tomatoes
1 tsp dried thyme
4 cups milk
3 tbsp flour
1/4 cup butter
3 tsp vegetables oil
1 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1- Cook Farfalle pasta, until al dente and drain.
2- Heat only one tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat, fry eggplant until golden brown.
2– In the same pan add oil, quickly sauté onion, chicken, add thyme, salt, and pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
4- Add eggplants over the chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes paste, and half of chicken broth. Cook for 5 minutes.
5- Heat butter with the rest vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat
6- Dissolve the flour with a bit of milk, pour in the butter, and add the white pepper, nutmeg and salt. Stir constantly; blend in the flour until smooth.
7- Add the rest milk and the rest chicken broth; stir and continue to cook until the sauce turns thick.
8- In a bowl, mix the farfale pasta with the half béchamel sauce.
9- Pour the half pasta in a baking dish, layer with the half the chicken mixture, and amounts mozzarella cheese. Continue to make in the same method (about 3 layers).
10- Sprinkle the remaining of mozzarella.
11- Bake the chicken béchamel with eggplant for 30 minutes in oven to 400 degrees.
Nutrition facts in Baked Chicken Béchamel with Eggplants
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin B-12 26%
Vitamin B-6 10.7%
Vitamin A 5.3%