Below are three easy to cook finger-licking recipes for baked chicken.
1) Crispy Baked ‘Fried’ Chicken Baked Chicken Recipe
This recipe is easy to prepare and takes only one hour ten mins. It is perfect for a family dinner. The recipe below can make 4-6 servings.
Eight chicken pieces (consisting of thighs, wings, breasts, and wings. Two each)
4 cups cornflakes
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅔ cup buttermilk
1½ tsp. Paprika
¾ Tsp. ground sage
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Freshly ground pepper and kosher salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Place a rack on a baking sheet.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season the flour with salt and pepper in a bowl. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour. Set aside each piece shaking off the excess flour.
- Place the cornflakes in a resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin. Pour the crushed flakes in a bowl.
- Mix the cayenne pepper, mustard, sage, paprika and buttermilk in a large bowl. Dip the chicken pieces into the mixture, making sure the buttermilk is spread all around. Roll the chicken pieces in the cornflake crumbs.
- Place the chicken pieces in the oven, neatly arranged on the rack. Cook for about 20 mins. Lower the heat to 375° and cook for another 30 mins until crispy.
- Serve with easy greens (preferably escarole, mustard greens and chicory).
2) Chicken Parmesan Baked Chicken Recipe
This easy recipe takes only an hour to prepare and can serve 4.
Four boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 slices whole-wheat bread
Four tsp. paprika
One tsp. Dried oregano
¼ tsp. Black pepper
¼ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. garlic powder
Two eggs white
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup skim milk
Olive oil cooking spray
2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan
¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
One jar good quality marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Place the bread in a food processor bowl and process until crumbs form. Place the crumbs on a baking sheet. Bake until brown.
- Toss the crumbs with paprika, ¼ tsp. Salt, ¼ tsp. Pepper, garlic powder and oregano in a bowl. Whisk the milk and egg whites together in another bowl. Stir the flour, ¼ tsp. Black pepper and ¼ tsp. Salt in another bowl. Dip each chicken piece in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. One piece at a time is shaking off excess flour, egg and crumbs.
- Increase oven temperature to 400° Fahrenheit. Place the chicken pieces in a glass baking dish and spray cooking spray on each side. Bake the chicken for about 15 mins until the crumbs are browned, and it is cooked. Top with mozzarella, parmesan and marinara sauce. Return to the oven for another ten mins until cheese bubbling.
3) Baked Orange Chicken and Brown Rice Baked Chicken Recipe
If you have not tried chicken with rice, then this recipe is for you. It is worth every 2 hrs and five mins of its preparation. The below recipe makes a serving of 4.
Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 cup brown rice
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice and zest of 2 navel oranges
1¾ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and stir for five mins until they become golden brown.
- Add the onions, rice, chicken broth, two tsp. Orange zest, ¼ cup orange juice, 1 tbsp. Oil and ¾ tbsp. Salt in a baking dish and stir.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ tsp. Pepper and 1 tbsp. Oil. Nestle the chicken into the rice. Cover the dish with foil and then place in an oven.
- Bake for 55 mins. Drizzle the chicken with 2 tbsp. Orange juice. Continue to bake for about 50 mins more.
- Drizzle the chicken with remaining orange juice. Sprinkle the pine nuts, mint and orange zest over the food and serve.
Enjoy your meal.
Hence baked chicken recipes are the well known recipes with having wonderful taste. Find out more about other recipes here.