One of the most famous Italian dishes. Baking chicken penne pasta and eggplant is also a most delicious and easy to make.
This dish has medicinal benefits.
The Health Benefits of Baked Chicken Penne with Eggplant
- Eggplants belong to the nightshade family of vegetables such as bell peppers, tomatoes, potatoes. Eggplant has a bit bitter taste and spongy texture.
- Eggplant is great in fiber, and several vitamins and minerals such as folate, vitamin C, K, vitamin B-6, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Eggplant is low in calories but contains antioxidants such as lycopene, lutein, and carotene.
- Dietary fiber found in eggplants that for promoting digestive health, and weight loss.
- Eggplant can manage blood sugar levels, reducing high blood pressure, and helping prevent cancer development.
- The potassium, vitamin C, fiber, and vitamin B-6 in eggplants all support heart health, as well as contain flavonoids that can low the risk of heart disease.
- Pasta is generally eaten with vegetables, tomatoes sauce, chicken, and cheese. When eaten in moderation, pasta can be part of medicinal benefits, and also it easy to make.
- Pasta is high in carbohydrates that provide glucose, which fuel for brain and muscles.
- Pasta is very low in sodium and zero cholesterol, but provides a good source of several essential nutrients, such as iron, selenium, and vitamins B. But whole-grain pasta is the better choice, because lower in calories and carbohydrates but high in fiber and nutrients, which protecting against stomach and colon cancer. In addition to, add fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil with pasta for more health benefits.
Here are the calorie counts of some pasta recipes
- Pasta with creamy and basil provides approx 618 calories
- Pasta with tomato sauce – 215 calories
- Pasta and mushrooms with cream sauce – 260 calories
Baked Chicken Penne Pasta with Eggplant Recipe
Yield: 4 serving
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
2 chicken breasts, boneless, diced
4 eggplants, small cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups tomatoes sauce
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tbsp oregano
1 cup parmesan or cheddar cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place eggplants in a baking pan, sprinkle vegetable oil, salt and let for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside
2- In a large pot, put olive oil, sauté chicken until browned.
3- Add garlic, bell pepper, oregano, pepper, eggplant and salt.
4- Pour tomatoes sauces and chicken broth to cover the mixture chicken. Let it boil.
5– While the chicken boil, add the penne pasta the boiling water, cook for 5 minutes or less.
6- In a baking tray place the half chicken sauce with eggplant, grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese, add the penne pasta, add the rest chicken, and grated mozzarella and parmesan over.
7- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden browned.
8- Serve and garnish with coriander or mint.
Nutrition Facts in Baked Chicken Penne Pasta with Eggplant
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 45.9%
Vitamin C 154.3%
Vitamin B-6 33.3%