chicken breasts and Chicken are the most delicious savours. Preparing chicken for the family should however not be a pain in the neck. Below are three easy and fast recipes to get you started.
- Snap Peas and Orange Chili Chicken
This Asian inspired low-calorie chicken is best for the family. With only a few ingredients, it will take no time to prepare it. The below recipe yields four servings.
Four skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Two sliced small navel oranges
Two heads baby bok choy, with leaves separated
12 oz. trimmed snap peas
Two thinly sliced garlic cloves
Two tsp. grated ginger
3 tbsp. soy sauce
Two tsp. garlic chilli sauce
Toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Arrange four 12″ square foils on two baking sheets.
- Divide the oranges and place them on the foil pieces. Place the soy sauce, garlic and ginger over the orange pieces. Arrange the snap peas and bok choy on top.
- Place the chicken on top of the snap peas and bok choy and spread with garlic chilli sauce. Cover with a piece of foil; each edge folded up and over. Grill or roast for 15 mins.
- Transfer the packets to plates, each on its own. Using a knife, fold back the covering piece of foil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallion.
- Snow Peas and Hoisin Chicken
This recipe is also Asian inspired and is exactly what the family needs for the salty and sweet needs.
Four split small chicken legs
1 cup long-grain rice
½ kg snow peas
¼ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
Two tsp. olive oil
- Heat the oven to 450° Fahrenheit. Cook the rice as per the instructions on the package.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil. On it, season chicken with a quarter teaspoon of pepper and salt. Roast for 15 mins.
- Brush the chicken sauce with hoisin sauce and then return it to the oven. On another baking sheet, toss the snow peas with crushed red pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt and oil. Roast for around 7 minutes until the peas chat, and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve over the rice and then sprinkle with cilantro.
- Farro Salad and Greek Chicken
This is one of the best-seasoned chicken breasts; avocado, dill, nutty farro and feta make the best-seasoned chicken. The recipe below is for a serving of four.
12 oz. a ½ sliced skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
1¼ 10 – minute farro
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
8 oz. halved grape tomatoes
One diced small avocado
½ thinly sliced red onion
Pepper and Kosher salt
3 cups baby arugula
½” pieces seedless cucumber
4 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 oz. crumbled feta
- Boil a pot of water, then cook the farro according to the instructions on the package. Drain water from the farro, transfer it to a large bowl. Toss with oil one tablespoon.
- Make pickled onions. Toss the onions with a pinch of salt and two tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl. Let sit for about ten mins, tossing twice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. With a ¼ teaspoon, each of pepper and salt, season the chicken. Cook for about ten mins until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and scrape up brown bits from the pan. Add two tablespoons lemon juice.
- Add the chicken to the farro. Do this along with the onions, cucumber, tomatoes and dill (with their juices). Toss to combine.
- Fold in the avocado, arugula and feta.
Have a nice mealtime.