Eating healthy meal with a balanced diet is an important way of maintaining good health. Chicken stuffed poblano recipe can help you feel better, because it is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that may help fight disease.
The Health Benefits of Poblano peppers
First, pobalno peppers like most other peppers are loaded with many compounds the support health. Poblano peppers are dark green-skinned and sweeter in flavor.
Nutritional Value of Poblano Peppers
One poblano pepper contains approx:
– 70% of vitamin A
– 22% of vitamin B2
– 11% of potassium
– 10.3% of iron
– 10% of vitamin B6
– 3% phosphorus
– 8g of carbohydrates
– 2g protein
– 46 of calories
Benefits of Poblano peppers
Excellent source in Antioxidants
Poblano peppers contain great amount of vitamin A is an antioxidant that can protect many different parts of the body from damage caused oxidative stress, and thus consuming food like poblano can help protect the eyes from damage, keep the skin healthy, protect your heart, and reduces the risk of cancer.
Boost the immunity
Poblano peppers can help also boost the strength of your immune system. Vitamin A found in poblano peppers, which can prevent the body from the common cold or flu.
Other benefits of Poblano peppers
- Helps strengthen the muscles.
- Regulate the hormones in the body
- Cure headache, and reduce inflammatory pain
The Health Benefits of Carrots
Carrots are considered the ultimate healthy food. Carrots contain vitamin A, C, calcium, iron, potassium, carbohydrates, and folate, and much more.
Here are some health benefits of Carrots
- Improved vision.. One of the most health benefits of carrots is that it can help prevent vision loss and strengthen the sight, as it contains vitamin A, (beta-carotene) that protect the eye from glaucoma.
- Cancer. Carotenoids have been shown to have ant-cancer effects, which reduce free radicals in the body, thus protects against cancers such as colon, lung and prostate cancer.
- Fight cardiovascular disease. Carrot is great food can reduce heart disease, and blood pressure. It contains beta-carotene and lutein, as well as potassium and fiber, which protect against high blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart attack.
Healthy Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Carrots Rice Recipe
Yield: 6 Persons
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
200g breast chicken, minced
6 large poblano peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seedless
1 cup basmati rice
1 onion, minced
1/2 cup carrots, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup parmesan or mozzarella, grated
1 tsp oregano, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley and coriander
1 tbsp olive
1- Sauté onion in a pot with olive oil, add garlic and minced chicken. Cook until browned.
2- Prepare rice according to package directions. Add rice, carrots, parsley, coriander, and the chicken mixture. Season with pepper, oregano and salt.
3- Stuff poblano with the chicken mixture; then top with parmesan cheese.
4- Place in Pyrex dish, drizzle some of olive oil, bake for 20 minutes or until poblano cook and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts with Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Carrots Rice
Serving size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 50.6%
Vitamin B-6 32.3%