This recipe is not only delicious, quick, and easy to prepare, but it is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Chicken Sandwich with Spinach is considered to be very healthy, tasty, and a perfect to your Child!
Health Benefits of Chicken Sandwich with Spinach
A complete nutritious meal from all ingredients; the chicken provides protein for growth, vitamins, and minerals from spinach and lemon.
Here are Health Benefits of Spinach
Spinach is a great source of many vitamins and minerals including:
- Vitamin A: Spinach is an excellent source of carotenoids that the body can turn into vitamin A and is one of the most important elements to protect against diseases of the eyes.
- Vitamin C: Spinach is great source also of vitamin C that promotes skin health and boosts the immune system.
- Vitamin K: Consume spinach can helps prevent of osteoporosis, and strong bones, as well as vitamin K is essential for blood clotting, and health of the nervous system.
- Folic acid: Spinach is rich source of folic acid (vitamin B9), is essential for normal cellular function and tissue growth, and helps reduce the risk during pregnancy.
- Iron: Spinach is a great source of iron this mineral helps create hemoglobin, and thus brings oxygen to the body’s tissue, as well as reduces of anemia.
Spinach also contains potassium, magnesium, fiber, and vitamin E.
Other Benefits of Spinach
- Prevent against heart disease
- Lower bad cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of cancer and diabetes.
- Useful for skin health and hair.
Tips about Spinach:
When buying spinach, it is recommended to choose with fresh green leafy and store them in a healthy way. It is also cook by steamed or eaten raw because boiling or well cook can lose many of the nutritional values in it.
Delicious Chicken Sandwich with Spinach and Lemon
Yield: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
2 chicken breasts, cooked, cut sliced
4 French bread or Baguette
2 cups of spinach
1 cup mayonnaise
2 preserved lemons, seedless, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1- Wash spinach in cold water and remove stems.
2- Place a steamer in a saucepan filled with a bit little of water. Bring to boil. Add spinach cover and steam for 2 minutes or until wilted.
3- Combine mayonnaise, preserved lemon, and olive oil.
4- Open bread and spread a abundant of preserved lemon mixture on both sides.
5- Fill with the chicken, and spinach, and then put the chicken again.
6- Serve immediately.
Note: You can add tomatoes sliced or onions over.
Nutrition Facts with Chicken Sandwich with Spinach and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 serving
Vitamin A 44.8%
Vitamin C 28.5%
Vitamin B-6 20.6%